Thursday, January 31, 2008

Up And At'em

The pain is much better today. They switched me from dulodid to morphine at about 3am. It really didn't help until this morning when the doctor ordered an anti-inflamitory/pain releaver. Now all is good. Nicole (Jenna's sister who works here in NICU) explained to me that once it is under control, it will be easier to maintain and manage. Thank God. It wasn't the incision that hurt either, just the area where they cut out my pancreas ans spleen. The incision did hurt if I was getting up and used my stomach muscle. I'm trying to find away around that.

The doctor wants me to try walking around today. So far I have had to walk in place because of this tube coming out of my face. They are going to get a plug for the tube so I can actually walk around later.

My magnesium was low today so they gave me an iv of that. There was no place to put it in my arm so they put it into my neck and moved all the other iv stuff to my neck so we can keep them all together.

I'm thinking tomorrow will be even better. I hope they pull this thing out of my face so I can eat some of those Snookies Cookies LADP sent me ... Before everyone else eats them up.

I also want to say thank you to everyone who has been sending me messages through the blog and email. It really picks up my spirits when I see a new one. One more thing, sorry about all the bad writing. I am posting via cellphone which is very hard. Till later.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Honey,
I am so glad you are at least able to walk in place and I hope you will be able to get that tube out soon. Things are going well here, just getting ready for the Big night Sat. I love you very much and I will take pictures and video for you. Take care of yourself and I am so proud of you and your positive attitude. You are such a trooper. Talk to you soon. I love love love you a lot. Heather

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark,

I know that you don't know us, really, but my husband and I are following your posts and progress closely and thinking of you. As you know, my sweet husband Scott has the same cancer that you have and went thru the Whipple operation in September of 2005. Not a walk in the park at all!! He knows all too well what you are going through and the pain and fear involved. I am enjoying my communications with Jenna (what a wonderful woman). So glad you have a loving and very supportive family. Get well soon so you can get back to enjoying Jonathan at home. Stay strong and stay positive.

Sincerely,
Kathy & Scott from Maine

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark,

I read your blog daily keeping up on your progress. Your positive attitude is inspiring. Your in my thoughts and prayers.

Love Kim Swopes (aka Varnell)
via Walla Walla, WA

Anonymous said...

Dont lie.... you told them to put it in your neck cause you watched Robocop 2 like a gazillion times.........

Anonymous said...

Mondo love the Robocop reference, although I was thinking more Star Wars for some reason.
Mark, great to hear you are feeling better. Thank god for MORPHINE. :-p