Friday, January 25, 2008

A Change In The Plans

My surgery has moved from Monday to Tuesday of next week. It turns out the surgeon is going to be in Dallas on the 28th. Oh well. At least it was only moved one day. We met with the anesthesiologist yesterday and that went good. They are going to give me the "Juice" before my surgery to make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I'm real happy about this. So far we are scheduled to be first in but we may get bumped if an emergency comes up. We also spoke with a nurse at UCLA about what we can expect. Here is the rundown ...
  1. Surgery should be around 5 hours.
  2. I will either be moved into ICU or a Recovery Room after Surgery.
  3. After about 3 hours or so I will be moved to my room.
  4. All rooms are shared (this sucks). Private rooms are an additional $200/night!
  5. The incision will look like a Mercedes symbol.
  6. They will use staples instead of stitches.
  7. There will be two drains attached to me and they are very uncomfortable to remove.
  8. I get to go home once I can walk and go to the bathroom.
It really is too bad the day was moved. I was very happy with all the things that happened on January 28th. Especially the King Henry stuff. That was my good luck! Now that we are on January 29th I have had to do a little more digging. I have been able to find another lucky charm though! It turns out the greatest football team ever won the Super Bowl on January 28th and the 29th. Of course I am talking about the San Francisco 49ers!! Now that is good luck!



Events From January 29:

  • 2004 - Cannabis and cannabis resin downgraded from Class B in United Kingdom
  • 1995 - Super Bowl XXIX: The San Francisco 49ers defeat the San Diego Chargers 49-26 and become the first NFL team to win five Super Bowl titles.
  • 1963 - First inductees into the Pro Football Hall of Fame are announced.
  • 1959 - Sleeping Beauty, an animated feature produced by Walt Disney based upon a fairy tale, is released.
  • 1936 - The first inductees into the Baseball Hall of Fame are announced.
  • 1916 - World War I: Paris is first bombed by German zeppelins.
  • 1891 - Liliuokalani is proclaimed Queen of Hawaii, its last monarch.
  • 1886 - Karl Benz patents the first successful gasoline-driven automobile.
  • 1856 - Queen Victoria institutes the Victoria Cross.
  • 1845 - "The Raven" by Edgar Allan Poe is published in the New York Evening Mirror.
  • 1676 - Feodor III becomes Tsar of Russia.
  • 1595 - William Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet is probably first performed.
  • 904 - Sergius III comes out of retirement to take over the papacy from the deposed antipope Christopher.

Birthdays:

  • 1970 - Heather Graham, American actress
  • 1954 - Oprah Winfrey, American producer, actress, talk show host, car giver and publisher
  • 1952 - Tommy Ramone, Hungarian-born musician and record producer (The Ramones)
  • 1945 - Tom Selleck, American actor
  • 1880 - W.C. Fields, American actor (d. 1946)
  • 1874 - John D. Rockefeller Jr., American entrepreneur (d. 1960)
  • 1843 - William McKinley, 25th President of the United States (d. 1901)

Deaths:
  • 1963 - Robert Frost, American poet (b. 1874)
  • 1964 - Alan Ladd, American actor (b. 1913)
  • 1980 - Jimmy Durante, American actor and comedian (b. 1893)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DUUUUUUDE TOMMY RAMONE! HELL YEAH!! sounds like a good day.
Whats this "probably performed" b.s.? I'm gonna need some more precise info. That's like saying Stevie Wonder probably wrote a song that day.. It's kinda reaching buddy....... So you met your gas passer hahahahaha... someone had to say it. You'll be fine brotha. I've been through a very similar surgery. The painkillers RULE!!!!! Like I said you'll be cool. You have a lot of support.

-Mando