Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Making All The Arrangements

I got my vaccination shots Monday evening. They gave me two shots in my right arm and one in the left. I was a little worried I would start to feel a little 'flu like', a symptom of all three shots, but so far nothing. That is good.

My surgeons office was closed for Martin Luther King Day. I heard from them Tuesday morning though. We have scheduled the surgery for Monday January 28. I do not have to do a cardiogram because of my age. Today I will be going over to Facey Medical Clinic to have some blood drawn for a CBC and Chem Panel. On Thursday I will be taking a little trip down to UCLA to meet with the anesthesiologist and then meet with my Case Manager. We will be going over all the fine details of getting ready for the surgery.

Sunday my parents are flying into town. They will be at our house Sunday and Monday, move to a hotel across the street from the Hospital for 3 nights and then come back to our house with me on Friday.

It seems like things are definitely moving in the right direction. Its nice having it move in any direction really. This is our first step and we all feel good about it.

I was looking at events that happened in history on January 28. While looking at births and deaths, I found one of each that together struck me as odd.
  • January 28, 1457 - BORN: King Henry VII of England
  • January 28, 1547 - DIED: King Henry VIII of England
Father and Son, birth and death on the same day. Also, the two center numbers in the date are transposed. That has to be pretty rare. I have always thought rare occurrences mean you have good luck. Jenna's license plate has 666 in it. That is good luck. Last weekend at Starbucks I got craped on by a bird. What are the chances? That's good luck! So I guess I'm feeling pretty lucky about January 28.

Some other events that happened on January 28:
  • 1990 - Superbowl XXIV: San Francisco 49ers beat Denver Broncos, 55-10 in New Orleans Superbowl MVP: Joe Montana, San Francisco, QB
  • 1986 - Space Shuttle program: STS-51-L mission (Space Shuttle Challenger disaster) - Space Shuttle Challenger breaks apart 73 seconds after liftoff killing all seven astronautsChrista McAuliffe, who was supposed to be the first teacher in space.
  • 1967 - My parents were married!
  • 1938 - The World Land Speed Record on a public road is broken by driver Rudolf Caracciola in the Mercedes-Benz W195.
  • 1934 - The first ski tow in America begins operation in Vermont.
  • 1921 - A symbolic Tomb of the Unknown Soldier is installed beneath the Arc de Triomphe in Paris to honor the unknown dead of World War I.
  • 1887 - In a snowstorm at Fort Keogh, Montana, the world's largest snowflakes are reported, being 15 inches (38 cm) wide and 8 inches (20 cm) thick.
  • 1855 - The first locomotive runs from the Atlantic to the Pacific on the Panama Railway.
  • 1521 - Diet of Worms begins, lasting until May 25

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, You were busy, that is really cool facts. I love the bird crap story.LOL I am so glad things are moving along. Keep up your FANTASTIC spirit. I love you so much. Heather

Anonymous said...

We don't know each other...in fact, it was by complete accident that I ended up on your blog. It looked interesting, so I read...and read...I read the entire blog. Your story is very parallel to my sister and her husband, even down to the timing (His was also found 2 days after Thanksgiving). Except his is in the brain, but he has no mets. And your sense of humor is so like his. I digress.
I felt compelled to leave you a comment because it seems as though you (and your wife) have an amazing spirit. I've found in life that attitude is half the battle. I will say a prayer for you, my friend, and wish you the best. The best docs, the best care, the best friends, the best peaceful time with your family, the best outlook. I pray when you do have a bad day that you have a memory that will take you to another place and time, a happy time that you must remember will come again! So good luck, and know that many you don't even know are thinking of you and praying for you!

Mother of two toddlers in
Nowhere, OH