Saturday, January 26, 2008

Its all fun and games until someone loses a spleen

…our friend Chris says that and now its quite appropriate!


Nervous? Yes Anxious? Yes I just want the surgery over. Its that feeling like you just want to fast forward and shelter your loved one from any impending pain, worry and stress. Mark is a trooper (better than I’d be) but at the end of the day we both just want the surgery over and to have him back home. Today was the type of family day I love. My wish--- that I could freeze time and savor today… Baby is sleeping, Mark did some work around the house, I cleaned up things... and now the house feels super cozy, clean, and safe. Safe being my key word. I want us all safe. Mark safe. Baby safe. Family and friends safe. That is what I miss most since this all of this started --- that safe feeling. See this is why I have avoided writing in this blog. I don't want to be all weepy. I knew I couldn't come up with anything clever or fun. Mark and his amazing attitude and ability to keep things normal is what is getting us thru this. He is just concerned most right now about cleaning his car out for his parents to use when they are in town. I use to wonder--- how I have I been functioning for the past 57 days? ... and now I know its because of Mark's indescribable spirit. Its contagious.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Jenna, I have to say that you should blog more often. That was truly touching and yes weepy at the same time. You expressed perfectly what we are all feeling and I commend you for your writing skill. I love you all so very much. I have said this before and I will say it again, Mark is our miracle. I love you all. Take care and keep up the POSITIVE attitudes ok.

Anonymous said...

Mark, Jenna, and Jonathan Patrick,

Just wanted you to know you all are in my prayers. We will be waiting for good news Tuesday or Wednesday.

Love, cousin Lynn in Bisbee

Anonymous said...

The original saying was a response to my friends mom in High School. After telling her son and I (who were certainly causing some kind of trouble) that it was all fun and games until someone lost an eye. I smartly replied...yes...but it's REALLY fun and games until someone loses a spleen.

We all laughed.

Somehow the saying has stuck with me since... I never thought I'd see the day when it would ever become relevant in the slightest.

I plan on having fun and games with Mark... spleen or no spleen.

On a more personal note... I have to agree with Jenna. I too am inspired by Mark's attitude. i've wondered if i could be as strong if i were in his shoes.

My wife and i have been and will continue to hope, pray and dream for a BRIGHTER day for Mark and his family. If there is any strength we can lend...it is theirs for the taking. If there is anyone who can beat this thing...it's Mark.

Keep Fighting, Keep Dreaming.

Love,

Chris, Lisa, Nathan and Emma