Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Our 10 Year Anniversary

We can not believe it. 10 Years ago TODAY Mark and I started dating. In the past 10 years so many wonderful things have happened. We dated and partied are way thru the first couple of years with Lisa and Jeff in our westside apartment. We worked our way up at LA Digital and feel very fortunate that we like where we work (not everyone can say that). Then there was our fairy-tale wedding. Beautiful church, classy country club, too many drinks, danced til' my toes ached... it was to that point agreeably the best day of our lives. Then we made the mega purchase of our first home in the suburbs. We still walk around our cookie-cutter track house and compliment ourselves on what a nice home we have turned the house into. Too many vacations to count...Maui 7 times, 2 trips to Europe, the Big Apple, Florida, Washington... the list goes on. Mark loves planning our vacations- he is my Julie McCoy. Then truly the best day of our lives did happen...baby Jonathan was born. I really had no clue how awesome being a mom would be. Despite the cloud that descended on us quickly thereafter, parenthood is the best thing that has ever happened to us and is the sunshine on any drear trying to rear its ugly head.

Even with the "unfair, why us, this sucks" CANCER that bombarded into our life completely uninvited- it is a great life. And yes it is hard to say that. But it is our life, we will make it work and pray for another amazing 10 years. Someday we will be on Oprah inspiring others and giving people hope that despite terrible odds you too will make it through.

Cheers to another 10 years!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! to the both of you. I also would like to say that 10 years ago I found out that Mark was dating a girl and when I saw her picture, I thought she was so beautiful she MUST be stuck up. To my surprise you Jenna were anything but. I am so proud to have you as a sister in law and I thank God that you are apart of our lives and I also thank God that Mark found such a FANTASTIC person to spend his life with. I am very happy for you two and I cant wait for the 20 year mark of your being together. Thank you for being such an inspiring person to everyone. You and Mark are truly blessed with the ability to make people happy and inspire them. I love you both so very much. I will talk to you soon. Love Sis

Anonymous said...

Wow, 10 years. Congratulations! You, Jenna, are the best thing that every happened to Mark. I couldn't have asked for a better, or more beautiful, daughter=in=law. Thank you for loving my son the way you do and for standing by him through all you two are going through right now. My wish for you is that you will both always see the glass half full and make the most of all God has given you and will give you in the future. I love you both so very much.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

WOW! Congratulations!! It just seems like yesterday as they say that I remember meeting Mark on the day you moved out of our house in with Lisa. You both have definitely built a wonderful life together and now with Jonathan...you both should be very proud of what you have achieved and what you will continue to achieve together!!

Love to you both and yes cheers to another ten and more!!

Diane (Mom)

Unknown said...

dude you just made me cry at work. damn you! :) congrats to you guys. i know marriage is hard work and you guys have really done good. and you're right J, nothing better than your lil booger butt ;) looking forward to disneyland and family vacations together yay!!

Anonymous said...

The last 10 years have been fabulous!! Jeff and I have enjoyed spending so much time with both of you, whether it was at home hanging out or venturing out in San Fran.We look forward to many more years of our families traveling together!!!
xoxo L & J