Friday, March 7, 2008

Nightmare

While I was goofing off taking silly pictures at work poor Mark was at home bored to TEARS. To go from working 80 hours a week to NO hours a week is wearing on him. This should be a reminder to all of us next time we are stuck in the Monday thru Friday grind...really we should be happy to participate in that grind. He took Jonathan for a walk, and the fresh air helped clear his head. With all of this Patrick Swayze stuff on the TV kinda downer. I reminded Mark that the type of Pancreatic Cancer they keep referring to is that scary version he was first diagnosed with. Then a friend of ours father is going in for surgery because he has bladder and prostate cancer. It just seems to be everywhere. With all of the cancer talk I had a full-fledged nightmare last night. I had a nightmare that I also had cancer and needed to have surgery to remove it from colon and stomach. In my nightmare I was scared out of my mind!
Next week we have a meeting with the oncologist at UCLA who is part of Liver Transplant Evaluation (appointment is on Wednesday). Thursday we have a CT Scan. And on Friday Mark gets another shot in his butt to help with the growth of the liver tumors.
Friday afternoons rule. I love the beginning of a weekend. Time to hang out with my boys, family and friends. We are packing it all in!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its funny how Cancer is everywhere but when it affects someone you care about it seems like thats all you hear about. There have also been a lot of rumors about Patrick S. and from what Iv read, he really is doing fine and is still making his movies. He also had the tail removed just like Mark. I understand about the nightmares, I have had quite a few of those. I am always here if you need me. I love you both and we are ALL going to get through this together. Have a GREAT weekend ok. Enjoy your family time together. I love you!

Anonymous said...

John read somewhere that 1 in 3 people have some kind of cancer. Some, of course, is worse than others. There are two different ladies that I work with in Bisbee. One lost her 29 year old son-in-law last December to a heart atack and the other lost her 35 year old son about a month ago to...well his body just up and quit. I remind myself that we still have Mark and God has definitely been working a miracle in his life ever since we first heard the word "cancer". I know it's not easy, and I too have had a few nightmares, but Mark is going to beat this. He will be cancer free and will live to a ripe old age. As Heather said, we are ALL going to get through this together. I too am here if you, Mark or Jonathan need me. If there is anything I can do I will be happy to do it. I love you.
Mom