Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Game Delay - Due to Bad Weather

Sorry to say but the Liver Transplant Evaluation has been postponed to a yet undetermined date. We are expecting to be back at it in a couple of weeks but we don't have a scheduled yet. We had to postpone due to my feeling under the weather. But no worries, I figure I was going to be at the bottom of the list anyway so this is not really setting us back at all. I hope to know what is going on soon and I will be sure to post it. In the meantime, I am going to be getting all the rest I can.

I was looking around the internet for information on fighting colds, the flu and health in general and came across an interesting article. To summarize, vitamin D is a great way to help the immune system fight everything from cancer to the flu. The sun happens to be an excellent source of vitamin D. Another article said that a person who is as white as I am can soak up enough ultraviolet rays to produce 12,000 international units (IU) of vitamin D within 20 minutes. That is pretty good considering The Food and Nutrition Board of the National Academies in Washington, D.C. currently recommends people from infancy through age 50 get 200 IU of vitamin D per day!

So with that being said, as soon as I feel a little better, I should probably head down to the Starbucks only few blocks from my house where I can sit outside blowing my nose and sipping on an Iced Mocha. I owe it to my health.

100 (that's for bunker)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you were feeling "under the weather". Good old sunshine and Starbucks sound like a good idea. Hope you are not too discouraged in having to postpone the evaluation but I do think you are right in that this postponement will not really set you back at all. Know that I love you and am thinking of you all the time.

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Ok, so you have a setback. Well that means you can sleep in for a couple more weeks without having to drive early in the morning. No big deal, it will happen. I love you very much. Keep up the faith and the positive attitude it will really go to great lengths for you. Take care ok.