Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Appointment 1 of our evaluation

1rst appointment of Liver Transplant Evaluation went well. We met with an oncologist who asked us a few questions. We talked about how we will start low on the list since Mark's liver is functioning well right now, reviewed a medication we are appealing insurance company to cover (2nd drug they have denied ... Cost to take without going thru insurance $4K per month OUCH). All and all appointment went well. Stay tuned...Monday is the first real day of evaluation where we will meet with several doctors.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great!!, I like to hear that the liver is functioning well. Im glad things went well. I am sure all appointments will go just the way we want them to. I love you both so much. Have a good week ok and drive careful! Love Sissy

Anonymous said...

mark....i wrote you a few times and they don't go through but sissy is here to help my this time..we prayed for you since tomorrow is shot day...i am so glad all went well in the evaluation...i am so proud of you and jeanne in development of this blog and giving hope to others in this process. i will standby you all always...what ever i can do. i will be intouch through your e-mail...love all of you....DAD

Mando said...

Glad to see it went well. I hope the rest of the process goes smooth. Personally, I say watch a lot of "The Godfather" and "Goodfellas" and make em an offer they cant refuse. but thats just me....

Anonymous said...

Glad things are moving along and that the 1st eval went well. As to the medications (drugs) which are being denied by the insurance company, is there any way we can bring them up from Mexico for you and then just ship directly to you or your doctor in California? Or, you mentioned once that one of your doctors felt he could get the pharmaceutical company to donate the drugs that were denied. Did that go anywhere? Let me know if there is anything I can do. You know that I love you all so much and will do anything I can. You are all in my prayers daily and I still feel strongly that all will turn out all right.

Love, Mom