Friday, February 15, 2008

Wrapping up the week with a pretty bow!

All and all we liked to give this week two thumbs up. The baby went to bed at like 8 or 9 each night (he still woke up like every 2-4 hrs to suck down a bottle but he didn't pitch a massive fit all evening like he had been..YES!). Work was all about change as my Ops Room was repurposed displacing me temporarily to another office and a new office-mate (and super close to Tammy's desk!!! fun fun fun)... change is always good right? Our UCLA doctor appointments were not epically informative, but confirmed we were on the right path and biopsy reports indicated from the tumor they removed from Mark that we are fighting the cancer suspected (I was waiting for them to come back and say "oh sorry you are fighting that crazy, aggressive cancer that the doctors originally diagnosed us with" so now I can breathe knowing time is on our side - PHEW). Mark's "cool" 36 stapes were removed and replaced with not so "cool" tape. ...And the church hooked us up with yummy meals each evening- anyone who helps me plump up my Mark is a friend of mine. So all and all I hope you feel as satisfied with your week as we are with ours.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

even though I talk to the both of you regulary... I love reading your updates...you really or inspiring!

love to you both!
Diane (Mom)

Anonymous said...

I just noticed I used the wrong word (or) I meant are......what can I say.

Anonymous said...

Tape huh???? staples sounds a hell of a lot cooler.... is it scotch tape or duct??? From now on you get to make up kickass stories of getting stabbed or shot in vicious bar fights.... people eat that shit up...

Anonymous said...

It is so good to hear that you are both still so positive. I know you, Mark, will beat this cancer. I have no doubts whatsoever. Heather ordered emerald green wrist bands which are evidently the special color for liver cancer. They say "Say It, Fight It, Cure It. We are all now proudly sporting emerald green wrist bands. She also ordered pins with the picture of Mark and Jonathan. We are proudly wearing both now. What color is the tape? Hope it comes off without taking body hair with it. Stay positive, know that the whole family in Arizona love you so much and think of you all constantly.

Love,
Mom

Unknown said...

i saw mark's scars, ouch! but mark looked awesome when he came into the office..amazing. and i'm SO HAPPY jenna is sitting closer to me! makes coming back to work so much better :)