Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Guts Of It

Here is a picture of my spleen and pancreas. I asked the doctors to take a picture while I was in surgery and they were nice enough to comply. I've Photoshoped the original so as not to gross anyone out. I also have a picture of my abdomen while they were cutting away. It's pretty cool. My plan is to come up with some kind of look I like and have a set framed. I will probably wait till I can get a picture of my liver to go with it. This was one quick attempt at doing that. I have a feeling I will be messing around with this quite a bit.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what more can I say. Pictures of my kids insides. What mother wouldn't love that. As insides go..I'm sure yours are A#1.

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Son...and to think God made that for a purpose and now it is gone..its amazing that the spleen is about 1/2 the size of what we see since it was so swollen.....but atleast we got the source of the cancer in the pancreas .....i believe this whole process is a miracle....now we pray for the another mircle in getting rid of the cancer balls in the liver...i pray for you and the medical staff and your whole family, i pray for a miracle, and i will stand by you and your family...lets go back to the mission...i want to spend time with you and definately time with the family.....DAD

Anonymous said...

That's modern art!! I say you get the whole set done and shop it around at a few art galleries BOOM....the next Warhol !!


Glad to see your home!! Take care brotha


-Mando

Anonymous said...

What about a jar with formaldehyde? Very "Silence Of The Lambs". Anyway, great to hear you are home again. "There is no place like home"! :)

Anonymous said...

OMG! It looks like it's been bronzed...now that would have been a cool paper weight.
You get a bonus of nice weather on your first weekend home!
I hope your feeling MUCH better, Melissa

Anonymous said...

gross. j/k. glad you're home. hopefully we can visit you all soon :) i'll make sure to bring fruit salad!