Sunday, February 24, 2008

Bounce... bounce... bounce

Mark turned another corner this weekend and he is really moving and getting around well. Well enough that he can help more with the baby. Mark keeps telling me he is so happy that he can contribute to taking care of the baby too. He has told me like a zillion times since he came home from the hospital that he hates having to watch me do everything related to taking care of the baby. And I knew it bothered him, so I kept reminding him (and me when I felt I was starting to unravel) that he would soon feel strong again. And yeah that day is here!!!
The most exciting thing that happened this weekend involves one of those big exercise balls. Our friend Chris had told me that they used one of them to bounce their kid to sleep. Previously, I had been walking & bouncing around the house for hours with Jonathan when he would have a gassy night (which seemed to be like every night lately). So now we have been sitting on the ball and bouncing, bouncing, bouncing our lil' man ... making all 3 of us very happy.
We had a great weekend. Relaxed, went to Ryan's birthday party (it was at an indoor play yard with this massive 2 story blow up slide- everyone went down it...even Mark) and the 3 of us ran errands today. I can only anticipate that this week will be good too.
Well I had more stuff to say but to get to this point I had to reboot my laptop twice. And in doing so it seems that my frustrations have zapped my creative juices.
Going to bounce my lil' butt to bed. How exciting...Mark is going to try to take the first feeding tonight (which usually strikes between midnight and 2a).
Nitey nite.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thah is such GREAT news Jenna. I am happy for you and Mark. Mark because he is getting stronger and feeling better, and you because you will be able to get a little more sleep at night. Worry is very tiring. How is that grandbaby f mine. If you have a chance post another picture of him because I'm sure he has grown in the last 3 or 4 weeks that I haven't seen him. Love to all. I'm so happy that things are going well.

Mom

Anonymous said...

WOW, Great news. I am so happy things are going better. I love and miss you all so very much and I cant wait to see you all again. CONGRATS!!! on things getting somewhat back to normal(if there is such a thing). I love you lots. Heather