Friday, February 1, 2008

Thank God Its Friday

So we made it thru to Friday. Day 4 and counting. I am at work so I haven't seen him yet. Mark reports that the pain is pretty controlled but he can't move around super well and sitting up or getting out of the bed is painful. The goal today is to walk the hallways 3 times... Mark said, "no problem" and he just wants to do whatever the doctors want so he can heal quickly. He was disappointed to find out that they will not be removing that tube from his nose until tomorrow and he won't be able to go home until more like Tues or Wed.

The baby is doing good. He is still getting up 2 to 3 times during the night though. Thank god for my mom and sister taking turns sleeping over our house and helping me. There is no way I could have gotten thru the week without some assistance. My other sister has been doing the "swing shift" between when the nanny leaves and I get home from the hospital. And Lisa offered to watch the baby on Sunday during the day- which is super helpful, so Jeremy and I can watch the SuperBowl with Mark at the hospital... GO GIANTS :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Mark and Jenna

After hearing about Mark wanted you to know you are both in my thoughts and prayers daily.

Your baby is beautiful - what a gift from God.

Know that I will look often at your blog to follow your recovery - it's very informative and written so well.

Keep up your positive outlook.

God Bless,

Iris

Anonymous said...

Hi M & J-

I just wanted to let you know that I've been thinking about you every day lately.

I hope you have a great weekend! Sounds simple but I mean it.

Harris

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys! Just wanted you to know that we are thinking about you and praying for all of you. Let us know if we can help. Lou, Charlie and the girls

Anonymous said...

I AM SENDING THIS TO YOU BOTH WITH LOTS OF LOVE!! YOUR SON IS PEACEFULLY SLEEPING IN THE SWING...HOPE HE KEEPS THAT UP :-)

MARK..HOPE YOU ARE FEELING A LITTLE BETTER TODAY AND EACH DAY!!!

YOU ARE GOING TO BE OUR MIRACLE...WITH SUCH POSITIVE OUTLOOKS FROM BOTH OF YOU...IT CAN'T HELP BUT BE POSITIVE!!

LOVE TO YOU BOTH!!

MOM
(DIANE)

Anonymous said...

WE COULD REALLY TELL THAT YOU FELT BETTER TODAY AND WE ARE SO GLAD. THE NEXT BIG STEP WILL BE TO GET THAT TUBE OUT OF YOUR NOSE, ONCE THAT IS GONE I KNOW IT WILL MAKE A HUGH DIFFERENCE. WE ARE SO VERY PROUD OF YOU AND HOW YOU ARE HANDLING ALL THAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH RIGHT NOW. YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A POSITIVE PERSON AND THAT WILL DEFINITELY HELP YOU NOW. THE MIRACLE THAT I HAVE BEEN CONSTANTLY PRAYING FOR SINCE WE FIRST LEARNED OF YOUR CANCER IS DEFINITELY COMING TO BE. KEEP THE FAITH AND KNOW THAT DAD AND I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.
GOT TO GO, YOUR SON IS REQUESTING MY IMMEDIATE ATTENTION.

LOVE, MOM AND DAD
LOVE, MOM AND DAD