Thursday, May 8, 2008

Revised Blog, I didn't like what I wrote before...

Mark had more tests this week for the Liver Transplant Evaluation. A t.b. test and a respiratory test. He scored super high and his lung functionality is over 1oo%. Every test he takes he passes with flying colors. If it wasn't for the pesky cancer tumors in his liver he'd be in perfect health, but isn't that the truth. His doctor upped his Nexovar dosage to 2 pills in the morning and 1 in the evening. God willing his feet don't get all yucky and hurting again. But more than anything the Nexovar gives him what we now call the Nexovar Naps. We all use to make fun and call him Mark-colepsy because he could nap anywhere, anytime, ... in a edit bay when on a late night on- site, on a friend's couch during a BBQ, in his car, you name it ---- the man could work long hours but also was the same guy who could sack out on your couch during the SuperBowl. OK I veered off subject but you get that point "he and jonathan now both need to take their naps". Gives me time to catch up on my TIVO'ed reality shows. :)
At the end of today we heard from UCLA and atlast they have all the tests they need. Amen... So now at some point in the near future the board will meet and present his case and discuss him. I am amazed at how nonchantlant we both are now about this, that and everything. We are now just at odd peace with finding out info when its given to us. Not losing nights of sleep until we get the next result, or whatever. We want to live a normal life in between Liver Transplant tests, evaluations, CT Scans, blood tests, etc etc etc. So we squeeze in normalcy and enjoy every last drop. I so appreciate a nice boring night of a Block Buster movie and a frozen lasagna. How lucky am I, is what I think to myself, because I remind myself "this too shall pass" --- and that goes for the good times and that the difficult times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I can say you guys continue to amaze me!! With you attitudes and strength you help all of us!!

love to you both...and of course Jonathan!!!

Diane (Jenna's Mom)