Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Results Are In ...

The results of both of my scans are in but they have not been shared with UNOS yet. There has been a delay in the original Nov. 7 date for presenting the results. Now we are waiting for November 14th. The day before Jonathan's Birthday! Hopefully we have great news.

As I said, the scans all came back as expected ... or at least as hoped. The cancer has not spread anywhere else. And the uptake of the chemicals were at a significant decrease. The only thing that sucked, and I mean sucked on a seriously sucked level, was the fact I had to be away from Jonathan for 5 days after the Octreotide scan. Something I am really not looking forward to after I get the transplant!

I spoke with my new Transplant Coordinator Erin this morning. She said she expected me to get the transplant within the next 4-7 months. We had a good conversation about what to expect after the transplant. It really is a little daunting thinking about everything coming up, and so quickly too! Time is going to fly by, like always, and before I know it I'm going to be laying there with a tube in my nose.

So for now I am going to just appreciate each day I have with all my parts. Well, I guess not all my parts because they already took my spleen. I will just have to appreciate each day I have with all my own parts.

Jenna and I are planning a week of fun come the week of November 23rd. That is one year since this all started. We are hoping to make some new/better memories. I know we can. It's pretty easy with Jonathan around. We are heading to Disneyland for two days on that Monday-Tuesday. It's going to be a blast. We already did a trial run with the little j and Grandma Diane. He loved it ... actually we all did.

I think I need to go to Hawaii. I was reading today about post transplant procedures. Very soon I will prohibited from sitting by the pool and enjoy a Mai Tai. I definitely think a quick trip is in order.

Definitely.

7 comments:

Anna said...

I still can't believe it has been a year since all this happened. I love your Disneyland plan...and better yet - Hawaii !
Better get it booked before your 4-7 month time frame kicks in....how about a new years 2009 "Getting a new Liver and getting rid of cancer " holiday ?
Here's to 2009....cancer free, and drunk on Mai Tais xx

Anonymous said...

Mark and Jenna and Jonathan--Your news is the best birthday gift that I could have received. It has been a fast,furious and anxious road for you and all of your supporters. The Power of Prayer is strong and working for you and all of us. Hang in there.

Cyclops, aka Exalted High Hooker

Rebecca and Andrew said...

Hey Mark,
You are definetly in our prayers! Your spirit is amazing. Hawaii sounds like an excellent plan! We recommend the Marriott on Kauai! But sounds like you're a seasoned islander already!
Have a mai tai for me (as I can't drink them anymore either!) =)
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

It seems like just the other day that you were in the hospital receiving the devastigating news of cancer...and yet it is almost a year that has gone by. Time really does fly. I realize that the thought of the upcoming transplant may be a lttle unnerving but this is what we have all been praying for and God is still definiely in control. You are in His hands and he has always taken good care of you. He won't stop now. A 4-7 month possibility is really GREAT news. We in Sierra Vista are celebrating. I know it's hard being away from Jonathan but he definitely won't forget you or change his attitude toward you. You two are so close, it's a beautiful relationship to see. You have a beautiful family...I am so proud of you, Jenna and Jonathan. Hawaii does sound like a good idea, and of course Disneyland has always been one of my favorite places. Have fun, try not to worry more than you need to and let God take control.

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

As i have said before....i will be standing by your side from now to evermore..as will Jenna and Jonathan, ....i love all of you forever Dad

Anonymous said...

Mark, Jeanna and Jonathan...Over the last year you guys have often been in my thoughts and prayers. Now I can be more specific. :) I love your plans for Disneyland and Hawaii. I'm sure your little guy will have a blast. All my best, Leanne

Anonymous said...

oops...typo error..sorry Jenna (not sure how the extra a got in there) Glad to hear Mark got his 22 ...Leanne